Sunday 8 March 2015

Holy Sex

Holy Sex: That is the name of my next series of stories.
Each will be based on Holy Scriptures. In some ways, the Holy Bible is practically an R-rated book, with stories of rape, incest, adultery, violence, scheming, betrayals and so much more, from the depths of human depravity.
In my youth I read the Good Book a lot, and my fertile imagination would flesh out the sometimes scant details in contained. From such imaginings these new stories are coming.
Some of my stories in the Holy Sex series will be retellings of Biblical stories, ones that already have gobs of shockingly lewd situations. Things like Amnon's rape of his half-sister Tamar; the Bible already has lots of detail, I will just retell it in my own way.
Others will be putting a narrative around a biblical event that is not described. We are told, for example, that Potiphar's wife attempted to seduce Joseph. No details. So I will take the freedom to put some details into the story.
Others are entirely flights of fancy, involving beloved characters.
The stories are being revised and will start appearing on Smashwords and other eBook distribution sites in the coming weeks, likely around Easter.
Won't you join me in reading the Bible for all its salaciousness?

No comments:

Post a Comment