Saturday 14 March 2015

Bible Fan Fiction

Sometimes I fret over the Holy Sex series of biblical erotica stories that I am working on.
Are they sacrilege? Is my soul in mortal danger? Might I offend passionate extremists who might do dangerous things?
Then it occurred to me this week: the stories are really just Fan Fiction.
I read the bible lots in my younger years and many stories have stuck with me.
This series is really just imagining the actions and details of some of the characters, tales, myths etc. of the bible. Occasionally taking familiar characters in new directions.
How is that different, really, from Fan Fiction of other works? From what I've heard, the 50 Shades kingdom started as fan fiction of Twilight or another of the pop-culture fiction worlds.
And those books like "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" or "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" are extended fan fictions of fictional and / or historical characters.
Yes, I like that: Biblical Fan Fiction, taken in a sexy, erotic direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment